Courtney graduated from the University of Queensland in 2013 completing a Master of Physiotherapy at St Lucia. Prior to this she was working as an Accredited Exercise Physiologist graduating in 2009 from QUT Kelvin Grove.
Having both these skill sets, she enjoys helping a wide range of people in the community. In particular these areas include:
- Neck and Back pain including sciatic nerve
- Post op care and post surgery advice
- Tendon and muscular pains including tendinopathies and muscle tears
- Joint pains including shoulder, hip, knee and ankle care
- Exercise capacity advice and set up including screening for gym, diabetes advice, return to running, swimming assessments, walking programs and return to sport.
What to expect?
At your appointment an Initial Assessment will be performed to fully understand your condition and set goals together for your care. Treatment can range from hands on techniques like massage and mobilisations to exercise prescription and stretching depending on your needs. You will be provided with a summary of you plan and emailed a letter explaining your recommendations. Any exercises you are given will be emailed also with detailed directions on how to perform at home.
If Courtney isn't at work you will find her training for the next triathlon, walking her husky puppy at Sandgate or enjoying a coffee at a local coffee shop in the area.