Emily graduated from the University of La Trobe at the rural health school in Bendigo, having researched the effect of falls and balance exercise and it’s ability to maintain postural stability. Emily’s passion for human movement stemmed from her experienced swimming background at a National level, having represented Victoria on a number of occasions. This background has fuelled Emily’s ability to work with athletes in injury prevention and rehabilitation.
Emily is a strong believer that exercise is medicine, and is her passion focuses on rehabilitation for a variety of neurological conditions and their effect on an individuals balance. This interest has stemmed from experiences working with individuals with neurological conditions, most specifically Ballarat Health. Emily has experience working with a number of neurological conditions, including stroke, Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis and Myotonic Dystrophy. Other interests also include cardiac rehabilitation, musculoskeletal and exercise for diabetes, as well as education on the importance of exercise for all populations.
Service areas include: Keilor, Taylors Lakes, Sydenham, Keilor Downs, Essendon, Niddrie, St. Kilda and surrounding suburbs
• Bachelor of Exercise Science and Masters of Exercise Physiology (La Trobe University)
• Cert III and IV in Fitness
• Cert III and IV in Allied Health Assistance
• Falls prevention and balance
• Rehabilitation for neurological conditions
• Exercise for cardiac rehabilitation and type 2 diabetes
• Exercise following cancer treatment
• Injury prevention